Sunday, 26 August 2012

Sewed a skirt

I've been home alone today and thought this might be a great opportunity to make something out of the lovely cloth I found at mum's.

First I had a top of some kind on my mind, but I'm not that great at sewing so I decided not to ruin the small piece of cloth I had, not to mention my mood. I started to measure and pin up (is that the correct pronunciation, because when I Google it..... you can imagine the rest) and after a while I was sewing a skirt.

It took a while but I'm glad I made a skirt. I had to call my mum and ask her if she as an educated artisan can tell me if the pleat can be put in the front or if it always should be at the back. I had to make a pleat so that it would allow the garment to expand its shape, otherwise I wouldn't be able to sit when wearing it. My mum was of the opinion that the pleat can be put both in the front and back. And then, again, I googled and found that yes the pleat can be in front. It does not show very well at the pics, but it's there.




2 comments:

  1. va fin! de blir nästan alltid någo annat än va man ha planera från början :D

    ReplyDelete