Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Measure-rat

Long time since I crocheted so that's why I haven't blogged anything in a while, sorry for that.

The summer vacation is behind and now back at work the children have got a new pedagogic measuring tool from me; Measure-rat. His tail is one meter long and every centimetre from 1-10 is a different colour so that the kids easily sees the length they measure. This rat is the first pattern of a collection I will make, use at work, blog about and have for sale at my etsy. The collection is called pedagogic patterns, and I aim to crochet things, amigurumis, who knows what else, that i can use whit children and that they can play with, and learn new things at the same time.

I myself always have had trouble and difficulties knowing how long 1 cm, 10 cm or 40 cm is so I can assume that the kids could be wondering about lengths to. Last year we measured the lengths of different birds but only used a plain ruler. That's when I got the idea of making it more funny and easier for the children to see and understand what we are measuring.
Pattern for Measure-rat is found at https://www.etsy.com/listing/105809131/measure-rat-pdf-pattern 






3 comments: