Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Birthday presents

We have a tradition at my work which is that we celebrate every child at their birthday. They get a card and a present from us. The present is something small that they get to choose from the "magic box". This year I and my crocheting coworker have decided to crochet all the 21 presents! The good thing about this project is that we have to come up with 21 different presents so we won't get bored crocheting the same thing for everyone. We make crocheted fridgies, so we glue on magnets behind every crocheted figure. We have 14 boys and 7 girls in our group.
So far I have made;

A dragon 
pattern from http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1422382&postcount=1



Spiders, own creation, no pattern written down

Hearts, used help from pattern at  http://www.planetjune.com/blog/free-crochet-patterns/love-hearts/ 

 An octopus, own creation

I have also made lizards, but didn't take pics of them. Still there are many ideas yet to pop up in my head and loads of figures to make. Good thing the kids don't have their b-day all at the same time!


2 comments: